Not just fun, pleasurable, and erotic… kissing has a variety of health and life benefits that suggest kissing should be a daily activity.
“German physicians and psychologists concluded that individuals who kiss their spouse each morning miss less work, are involved in fewer auto accidents on their way to work, earn 20 to 30 percent more monthly and live approximately five years longer since they begin their day with a positive attitude.”
Here are some interesting facts about kissing…
- Natural stress reliever—by releasing tension through this gentle and passionate under-taking, relaxation and comfort is induced and previously restricted blood vessels in the brain are opened. It also cures headaches by allowing the mind to clear and stress to dissipate.
- Promotes oral hygiene—“A kiss a day keeps the dentist away?” Through kissing saliva is stimulated and exchanged, washing food away from teeth and thereby reducing plaque build-up. The production of saliva also reduces the level of acid that causes tooth decay.
- Helps you look younger by working underlying face muscles. A typical French kiss moves 29 muscles in the face.
- Increases happiness and longevity—kissing releases endorphins in the brain and by doing so, leaves one in a euphoric state. These are the same chemicals released during intense exercise, causing your heart to beat faster and your breathing to become deep and regular.
- Aids in weight-loss by increasing metabolism; also releases adrenaline into the bloodstream which gives the feeling of thrill and excitement. A real kiss quickens your pulse to 100 beats per minute. A small kiss burns 3 calories, the longer the kiss the better the exercise!
- Triggers sexual excitement–Kissing produces pheromones, a chemical that is released from sweat glands (and other bodily fluids) stimulating neurotransmitters that directly influence sexual attraction of the opposite sex.
- Your lips are 100 times more sensitive than your fingers, making it an erogenous zone and perfect way to initiate foreplay.