Like wedding gowns, bridal accessories change every year. The hottest styles often change as often as fashion does, which means bi yearly collections featuring new and unique pieces. Wedding style as a whole can often be categorized under either Spring (and Summer), or Fall (and Winter) collections, this also includes bridal accessories. Although an accessory may remain popular for many years, details will change with fluctuating trends, such as through color, fabric and embellishment. For this year, here are the top of wedding accessories you should look out for.
1) Hair pieces: From tiaras to fascinators, bridal hairpieces are in. Look for those with a vintage influence, such as bejeweled combs, or fascinators with feathers. Simple clips and pins are also very popular, such as those featuring pearls or rhinestones. Headbands are also popular, with simple beading and lace design for the bohemian bride.
2) Blusher and Birdcage veils: short, flirty, and elegant veils are very popular among today’s brides. A blusher can be of either a traditional veil fabric, cropped short and covering only the eyes, or of a birdcage fabric. These offer a much more modern and casual alternative to the dramatic, full length cathedral veil that is very traditional. Birdcage veils may feature jeweled details, or be clipped with a fascinator or comb into the hair for more of a statement. Because they are so simplistic and elegant, they can be paired with another hairpiece seamlessly.
3) Lariats: for wedding gowns with a dramatic, plunging back or neckline, a lariat style necklace is a fantastic jewelry choice. This necklace accentuates the cut of your dress, and your cleavage or back, while offering a modern alternative to a traditional pearl necklace. A lariat can be tied in the front, or left hanging dramatically down your back; the styling options are endless. This piece makes a statement, while keeping the look elegant and classic.
4) Brooches: whether it is worn on a sash, capelet, or even on your bouquet, vintage inspired brooches are a favorite among brides this year. These pieces can truly make a statement, whether they be an heirloom, or even an antique or estate inspired piece. Add a tasteful vintage touch with a stunning brooch everyone will notice. Find with one with a filigree pattern, or bejeweled with rhinestones. Make it a statement piece and the focal point of your look.
5) Cover ups: transform the look of your dress with the addition of a bolero, shrug, capelet or other cover up piece. These accessories ad your own personal style and flair to your gown, and offer additional coverage for fall and winter ceremonies. If you love a strapless gown, but you’re worried it shows to much skin, you can pair a sheer lacy bolero to add some class and style to your dress. Go bold and choose one in a color matching your wedding’s palette to really make a statement. Black and jewel toned pieces are particularly popular, especially those with a vintage touch such as a fur capelet.
This post was written by Sara Woods from Mega.co.uk. If you are getting married, check them out for travel discounts for your honeymoon.