Summer is definitely the time for beautiful manicures, pedicures, and tropical inspired nail art! So when asked to create the perfect summer manicure using two colours from Nicole by OPI‘s Selena Gomez Collection, I was inspired by the beauty of an island sunrise. Using the not-so-mellow yellow, “Hit the Lights” and the perfect hot pink, “Spring Break”, I created this manicure in just a few simple steps.
What You’ll Need:
- “Hit the Lights” from Nicole By OPI Selena Gomez Collection
- “Spring Break” from Nicole By OPI Selena Gomez Collection
- A small piece of sponge (cut)
- Clear top coat
- Nail Polish Remover + Q-tip
Directions for a Tropical Sunrise Manicure:
- Apply two coats of “Hit the Lights” to all fingers except the fourth (where you will apply 2 coats of “Spring Break” instead). Wait 5 minutes for both hands to dry.
- Taking a small piece of sponge, apply a drop of “Spring Break” to the surface of the sponge using the polish wand. Gently dab each nail (except the forefinger), only a few times beginning mid-way and going upward.
- Apply the same method to the fourth nail, instead doing the reverse and using “Hit the Lights”. Allow a few minutes drying time.
- Apply a top coat to each nail. This will seal in the manicure and provide a glossy finish.
- Remove any nail polish that rubbed onto your cuticles using a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover.
And there you have it, the perfect Tropical Sunrise manicure for summer!
What I love about the sponging technique is that you can get creative with several colours at once, designing different gradients and ombre looks.
Stay tuned for more summer nail swatches and all who are participating in the Nicole by OPI challenge by following:
What kind of manicure would you create with these beautiful summer shades?