Spring is a time for fresh florals, soft creams and pastels, and versatile clothing for beautiful warm afternoons to chilly evenings. Here I’ve compiled a list of adaptable pieces that you can combine or re-arrange in a variety of ways to give you the ultimate Spring Look, no matter the occasion. I chose to feature pieces from Reiss because they’re a global brand whose iconic style is both sexy and modern while effortlessly on trend. 🙂
- A wide leg, high waist trouser: a luxurious cream trouser offers the ideal transition through the seasons. Pair it with a silk colored blouse or a crisp white shirt for a cleaner look.
- A crisp, white long-sleeved shirt: a classic fitted shirt is the must-have item for every wardrobe–the possibilities are endless. Pair this with tailored trousers or skinny jeans on the bottom, and a sharply cut blazer or bright colored knit on top….you name it.
- A vanilla leather, cube hand bag: Vanilla and gold are the perfect complement and will never go out of style. It can be worn smart or casual and as a hand bag or shoulder bag. So many options–this is key.
- An asymmetric dress in a fresh spring color: a contemporary cut with an asymmetric neckline and cut-out sleeves. On trend, sexy, and a can easily be modified with a wrap belt and depending on your shoe + jewelry choice, it can be made casual or glam.
- A leather double-wrap belt: designed to wrap around your body twice–you can use it to finish off any look with added style. I’d also love to see this belt with a cozy knit sweater and cigarette trousers.
- A navy leather bowling bag: A matte-finish embossed leather bag with its shape allowing for a modern appeal, pair it with an outfit that is casual or sophisticated.
- A floral print dress/skirt: florals are a HUGE spring item. They are bold, modern, and can be paired in the most unique ways. Go bold wearing it with high heels and a biker jacket or if you’d like to go casual, a knit sweater is perfect also.
- A bright colored biker jacket: this watermelon red biker jacket has a contemporary design with a modern twist. Wear it over dresses, skirts, or with skinny jeans…this refreshing color is on point for spring 2013.
- A bold t-shirt dress: this electric blue dress is wide-necked and sleeveless, with a built-in skinny belt for shape. You can wear it simply with a pump or take it up a notch with a bold biker jacket of contrasting color.
- A black panel detail jacket: a figure shaping black jacket is a necessity throughout the seasons, not just spring! Pair it with matching OR mis-matching trousers, a bold skirt, and even a printed silk shirt if you want a break in the the formality.
- A straight leg trouser: slim leg black trousers are a must-have as well (more formal than wide-leg) and you can play it up or down depending on your shirt and heels.
- Embellished hard case clutch: bronze satin is simply gorgeous and such a versatile shade. The mixed metalwork and crystals simply add to its modern style, even providing a effortless transition through seasons.
Now I know these are just a few of the essential items for Spring 2013, but you can do A LOT with them! What are your Spring must-haves?